Drinking lord in Ujjain


Entrance Gate view

A few days back I was in Ujjain, the city to hold the largest number of Lord Shiva temples in India. I thought I should visit some of the Temples as Mahakaleshwar Temple is the centre of attraction for people coming over here. So I also wanted to see Mahakleshwar Temple but before going there I started from "Shri Kaalbhairav Temple", and I was really surprised by seeing the rituals over there. So I decided to write about it. I reached outside the temple and walked few steps inside from Temple's main gate and I saw a "Joytiling - a worshipping lamp" which looks very religious. I saw it for the first time and I was charmed by seeing its design.
Joytiling

And then I walked few steps ahead to climb up the stairs and then I went into the main room and there I saw a pujari performing the historic rituals and he was holding a bowl in one hand in front of lords mouth and lord was drinking from the mouth. First, I thought "They were showing some kind of magic trick" but I get to know from the locals that archaeology team came for a survey about the whisky drunk by the lord. But they couldn't find it. So in future, this Temple can be a second place of attraction to witness some mysterious things happening over here. "You are not allowed to take photos here", this kind of banners can be seen all over the temple and I can only manage to get this picture. If you will come and see the ritual on your own then only you can be amazed at the rituals going in the temple. As I was also amazed something for about few minutes thinking that "How it can happen"? Some people say its a fake, but you can go there and only you can decide what is the truth. Some people say God exists and some people say about non-existent of God, so it's us "Who decides what is right and what is wrong"? Turn off your phones and come out to experience some mysterious things.

~Bhanu

Comments

Popular Posts